Saturday, September 18, 2010

9/18/10

Lk 16.1-13

Meditatio: “And the Master commended that dishonest steward for acting prudently.” Lk 16.8

Oratio: "O God, You want us to use our talents in serving you.

I remember Jesus made this clear when He paradoxically commended a dishonest steward for acting prudently when he learned he would lose his stewardship position by giving steep discounts to his master’s debtors.

Grant that I may imitate the dishonest steward and use my abilities in the circumstances I find my self to serve God.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on whom do I routinely serve - myself or my God? Do I serve God with the same ingenuity that I use when I pursue my own business.? If not, begin to do so.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 8.16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment