Monday, September 6, 2010

9/06/10

Lectio - Lk 6.12-19

Meditatio: “When day came, he called his disciples to himself, and from them he chose Twelve, whom he also called Apostles.” Lk 6.13

Oratio: "O God, You desire that we be in communion with You and Your Son showed this in a striking way.

I remember before he chose the twelve apostles, he spent the whole night in prayer.

Grant that I may daily and routinely go to prayer and also in times of special need knowing communion with You is also the best for me and will also lead to the best decisions.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Jesus spent a whole night in prayer, I have never done so. This year when I go on retreat, I will try to emulate His example.

No comments:

Post a Comment