Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/12/10

Lectio - Lk 7.1-10

Meditatio: “They (the elders) approached Jesus and strongly urged him to come, saying, ‘He deserves to have you do this for him’.” Lk 7.4

Oratio: "O God, You do things for us not because we deserve it, but because You love us.

I remember Jesus cured the slave of the centurion not because he deserved it as the elders had urged, but because of the Centurion’s faith.

Grant that I may do my part to bring back those who are lost for that brings such great joy to You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my attitude when I go to prayer. Do I ask God because I believe I believe God will act out of love; or only because I or the other deserves it. If the latter, purify my approach and approach my prayers of petition knowing God acts out of love on my requests.

Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 3.13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment