Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20/10

Mt 9.9-13

Meditatio: “Go and learn the meaning of the words, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice’. I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.” Mt 9.13

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are so different from our ways.

I remember Jesus called Matthew, a tax collector and known sinner, to be one of his Apostles to spread the good news - how ironic! He called a sinner to reform sinners!

Grant that I may be always open to Your surprising ways and look for You where I would least expect to find You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Resolve to be open to the mystery of God at work in everyone and revere them.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 9.1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment