Saturday, September 4, 2010

9/04/10

Lectio - Lk 14.25-33

Meditatio: “Which of you wishing to construct a tower does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if there is enough for its completion.” Lk 14.28

Oratio: "O God, You desire and You deserve first place in our lives.

I remember Jesus told a parable about the cost of discipleship stating clearly it must have priority over all including father, mother, wife and children.

Grant that I may give You the total dedication You deserve.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my discipleship - Is there anything or anyone whom I put before the Lord? Is so, seek God’s grace and accept it so as to put God as number one in my life.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 6.6-11

No comments:

Post a Comment