Sunday, September 5, 2010

9/05/10

Lectio - Lk 6.1-11

Meditatio: “But they (Scribes and Pharisees) became enraged and discussed together what they might do to Jesus.” Lk 11.11

Oratio: "O God, You not only put up with us even though at times we are hard-hearted, but You continue to bless us.

I remember the Scribes and Pharisees became enraged with Jesus because he cured a man with a withered hand on the Sabbath because in their view it violated the Sabbath rest.

Grant that I may let love be my guide in interpreting Your commands for all you really ask of us is to love rightly.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on whether “love” is my guiding principle in what I think, in what I say and in what I do. If not, begin, with God’s grace to make it so.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 6.12-19

No comments:

Post a Comment