Sunday, September 26, 2010

9/26/10

Lk 9.46-50

Meditatio: “An argument arose among the disciples about which of them was the greatest.” Lk 9.46

Oratio: "O God, You know how fickle we are - yet You do not withhold Your love from us.

I remember late in Jesus’ public ministry His disciples were only concerned with their greatness and He admonished them and to their dismay they learned that the greatest was the least - a child - one who has no rights or standing.

Grant that I may always be a humble servant of Yours.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”


Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on my motives for ministry and purge those which are inconsistent with humble service.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 9.51-56

No comments:

Post a Comment