Friday, September 3, 2010

9/03/10

Lectio - Lk 6.1-5

Meditatio: “Then he said to them, ‘The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath’.” 6.5

Oratio: "O God, You want a love relationship with us and not a legalistic one.

I remember Jesus when the Pharisees criticized his disciples for picking and eating grain heads on the Sabbath, which in the Pharisees’ view was violating the Sabbath for it was considered work..

Grant that I may remember that it is my love You want and not simply obedience to Your commandments.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my relationship with God. Purge those aspects that reflect legalism so that love alone predominates my friendship with the Trinity.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 14.25-33

No comments:

Post a Comment