Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9/21/10

Lk 9.1-6

Meditatio: “He said to them, ‘Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic’.” Lk 9.3

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are so strange to us.

I remember Jesus sent out the 12 on their first missionary journey and told them to take nothing with them including no extra clothes, or food or money - how foolish!
Grant that I may see that what You want from me is total reliance on You in serving You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Examine those areas of my life where I am still attracted to material things and still rely on them; and then resolve to seek total detachment from things in serving the Lord and total reliance on the Lord.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 9.7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment