Thursday, September 23, 2010

9/22/10

Lk 9.7-9

Meditatio: “But Herod said, ‘John, I beheaded. Who then is this what whom I hear such things?’ (And) he kept trying to see him.” Lk 9.9

Oratio: "O God, Your want all to find You.

I remember even Herod the Tetrarch, who beheaded John, was serious about Jesus and kept trying to see him - how ironic!

Grant that the curiosity that you implant in us will lead me to a deeper relationship with You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will try to identify the views of my faith where I am curious - and then resolve to follow those promptings and see where they lead me.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 9.18-22

9/23/10

Lk 9.18-22

Meditatio: “Once when Jesus was praying in solitude and the discipleswere with him, he asked them, ‘Who do the crowds say that I am’?” Lk 9.18

Oratio: "O God, Your want all to know You.

I remember Jesus asked his disciples as to whom the crowds say that He is and then asked them the same question.

Grant that I may answer this question by saying, “You are my Abba and Your Son is my brother’.”

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, at prayer, I will reflect on the fact that God, the Father, is my daddy and God, the Son, is my brother - and how awesome that is for me.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 9.43b-45

No comments:

Post a Comment