Thursday, September 30, 2010

9/29/10

Lk 10.1-12

Meditatio: “Into whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this household’.” Lk 10.5
Oratio: "O God, how inviting you are!

I remember Jesus instructed his disciples upon entering a home to first extend “peace” to the household and then anounce the kingdom of God is at hand and heal all that are there - How could we not accept such a proclamation!

Grant that I may always abide in the peace of Christ and extend it to others.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect as to whether I am a source of peace for others? If not, resolve to make a concerted effort to be such a source.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 10.13-16

9/30/10

Lk 10.13-16

Meditatio: “Whoever listens to you, listens to me. Whoever rejects you, rejects me. And whoever rejects me, rejects the one who sent me.” Lk 10.16
Oratio: "O God, You have made the way to You so simple - but we complicate it.

I remember Jesus taught we must listen to the ones whom he sends and put what we hear into practice.

Grant that my ears may be always open to hear Your words and my heart always willing to put Your words into practice.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Resolve to read and study scripture daily for in the words of St. Jerome, whose memorial we celebrate today, “Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ.”

Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 18.1-5, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment