Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/07/10

Lectio - Mt 1.1-16, 18-23

Meditatio: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall call him Emmanuel’.” Mt 1.23

Oratio: "O God, Your word is trustworthy.

I remember Matthew, the Evangelist, through his genealogy showed Your Son was a descendant of Abraham and David and the son of the Immaculate Virgin Mary.

Grant that I may always put my trust in Your Word as found in Scripture for it is for my good and my salvation.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Resolve to make Lectio Divina part of my daily spirituality for it puts me in touch with God’s word in a wonderful way and enriches me in the process.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 6.27-38

No comments:

Post a Comment