Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4.11.11

Lectio: Jn 8.21-30

"That is why I tell you that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins." Jn 8.24

Meditatio: "O God, In Your mercy, You provided us a unique and effective source of forgiveness of our sins - Your Son!

I remember Jesus said that those who believe in Him as God would not die in their sins, but would have eternal life.

Grant that I may always have the grace of faith and turn to Jesus' priest in confession when I sin, for they take the place of Jesus there.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect - Jesus and forgiveness. Thank Him for His gracious ways.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 8.31-42

4.12

Lectio: Jn 8.31-42

"So if a son frees you, then you will truly be free." Jn 8.36

Meditatio: "O God, Your ways so far surpass our ways in compassion and love.

I remember Jesus came to set us to free and took our sins upon himself and was put to death so we might have eternal life.
Grant that I may not squander that freedom but live as a good child of Yours.


Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the freedom I enjoy because Jesus set us free. Imagine what life would be like if there were no resurrection. Resolve to be eternally grateful and use my freedom as God's child out of love.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 8.51-59

P.S. I was away for the last three days attending a workshop on the new translation of the Roman Missal. It was very informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment