Friday, April 8, 2011

4/08/11

Lectio: Jn 7.40-53

Meditatio: “Does our law condemn a person before it first hears him and finds out what he is doing?” Jn 7.51

“O God, the consequences of rash judging can be devastating and that is why you want us to avoid judging so.

I remember the Jewish religious leaders, despite being cautioned by one of their own to give Jesus a hearing on his claim to be the Messiah, dismissed this advice with ridicule and they missed out on the very one they longed for - how sad and tragic for them.
Grant that I may withhold judging others or events until a full expose is had so that I may not miss out on the truth.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how I form opinions - Do I base it on my bias or predispositions? Resolve to hear or investigate both sides as to who a person is or what a situation means before forming an opinion for that is one of the clear lessons from Scripture.
Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 11.1-45

No comments:

Post a Comment