Friday, April 1, 2011

4/01/11

Lectio: Lk 18.9-14

Meditatio: “The Pharisee took up his position and spoke this prayer to himself, ‘O God, I thank you that I am not like the rest of humanity - greedy, dishonest, adulterous - or even like this tax collector’.” Lk 18.11

Oratio: "O God, You want us to be grateful for the gifts and graces You give us; but You don’t want us to laud them over others.

I remember Jesus in his parable of the prayers of the Pharisee and the tax collector condemned the Pharisee for exalting himself, not for being good, but for thinking himself better than others.

Grant that I may always have a grateful heart for the gifts and graces You give me and always avoid odious comparisons with others.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my gratitude for the gifts and graces I have received. Resolve to always give thanks each day to God for them and to ask each day for a humble and contrite and merciful heart.

Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 9.1, 6-9, 13-17, 34-38

No comments:

Post a Comment