Monday, April 25, 2011

4.23.11

Lectio: Jn 20.11-18

"Mary of Magdala went and announced to the disciples, ‘I have seen the Lord,’ and what he told her.” Jn 20.18

Meditatio: "O God, Your ways are so much better than our ways and You always respect the dignity You bestowed upon us. .

I remember at the time of Christ women were considered so unreliable that their testimony was not accepted in court; yet Your Son selected a woman, Mary of Magdala, as the first to witness His resurrected self and gave her the message to bring the Good News to his disciples - How wonderful to show the respect that woman should be given!\

Grant that I may always treat others as sons and daughters of the heavenly Father and so accord to them the respect they deserve.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how I treat others - Do I let the cultural biases influence me? If so, work on eliminating them by asking “What would Jesus do?” And then do it.
Tomorrow’s reading: Lk 24.13-35

No comments:

Post a Comment