Sunday, April 24, 2011

4.24.11

Lectio: Mt 28.8-15

"The soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has circulated among the Jews to the present day.” Mt 28.15

Meditatio: "O God, You gave us a voice so that we could speak the truth - but sadly we do not always do so and what damage we can cause.

I remember the guards at Jesus’ tomb when He arose, accepted a bribe and spread the story that His disciples had stolen His body while they were asleep; and we wonder, how many good Jews missed out on their salvation as a result. I feel many most have.
Grant that I may always practice the virtue of integrity so that my words and my actions may not mislead others. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the truth - How important is it to me to be always truthful? Resolve to always let my “Yes” mean “Yes” and my “No” mean “No” for that is what integrity and the right use of speech requires.
Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 20.11-18

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE - THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, REJOICE AN BE GLAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment