Wednesday, April 6, 2011

4/06/11

Lectio: Jn 5.31-47

Meditatio: “But I have testimony greater than John. The works that the Father gave me to accomplish, these works that I perform testify in my behalf that the Father has sent me.” Jn 5.36

“O God, You made it obvious to anyone who is open minded that we should believe in Your Son.

I remember all the miracles He did and the sins He forgave - all of which testified that He was sent by You for our salvation.
Grant that I may be always grateful for Jesus’ coming and for His gift of resurrected life to al who believe in Him.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the situation at the time of Jesus - the sitz im lebem - What closed the mind of the religious leaders to Jesus? Pray that pride and self-interest many not gain a foothold in my heart.

Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 7.1-2, 10, 25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment