Sunday, April 17, 2011

4.17.11

Lectio: Jn 12.1-11

"And the chief priests plotted to kill Lazarus too.” Jn 12.10

Meditatio: "O God, You gifted us with free will so that we might love - but we often abuse this gift.

I remember the religious leaders plotted to kill Lazarus because he was living proof of Jesus’ divinity and a threat to their power and positions - how sad! How treacherous!

Grant that I may be always open to Your grace to use my will-power rightly.
Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the capacity to choose - Do I see it is the reason moral evil exists in the world and God allows such evil for if He didn’t, love would not exist. Resolve to use rightly this wonderful gift of my will and rejoice in the great fruit of this gift - love.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 13.21-33, 36-38

No comments:

Post a Comment