Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4/05/11

Lectio: Jn 5.17-30

Meditatio: “Amen, amen, I say to you, the hour I is coming and is now here when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.” Jn 5.25

“O God, You have made active listening very important for our salvation.
I remember Jesus proclaimed that the dead who hear His voice will live - how wonderful a destiny for all of us who hear Jesus’ words and put them into practice.
Grant that I may listen to what Jesus speaks to me in the Gospels and respond so that I, too, may have life without end.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on our call to listen to the voice of Jesus - Resolve to keep the advice of St. Isidore in mind that when we read scripture, God speaks to us and then to read it routinely and ponder it and live it.

Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 5.31-47

No comments:

Post a Comment