Monday, April 18, 2011

4.18.11

Lectio: Jn 13.21-22, 36-38

"Jesus answered [Peter], ‘Will you lay down your life for me? Amen, amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow before you deny me three times’.” Jm 13.8

Meditatio: "O God, You are so steadfast and we are so fickle.

I remember two of Jesus’ closest disciples - Judas and Peter - let Him down in the end - one betrayed Him the other denied Him three times.

Grant that I may be always open to Your grace to use my will-power rightly. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the capacity to choose - Do I see it is the reason moral evil exists in the world and God allows such evil for if He didn’t, love would not exist. Resolve to use rightly this wonderful gift of my will and rejoice in the great fruit of this gift - love.

Tomorrow’s reading: Mt 26.14-25

No comments:

Post a Comment