Saturday, April 30, 2011

4.30.11

Lectio: Jn 20.19-31

Meditatio: “and when he [Jesus] said this, he said to them, ‘Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained’.” Jn 20.22-23

Oratio "O God, You created us and You sustain us with life and mercy through Your Holy Spirit.
I remember Jesus breathed on his disciples and gave them the Holy Spirit - Your very life - and also gave them the power of forgiving sins - Your very mercy; and through the successors to His disciples we receive these gifts today.
Grant that I may use these gifts of Your life and mercy and be a source of life and mercy for others.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the gift of the life of the Spirit - How do I receive it? How do I use it? Rejoice in the fact that Jesus comes to me in the Eucharist to share His life with me and in the sacrament of Reconciliation to extend His Mercy to me and in this two-fold coming, the I receive the gift of the Spirit as well for the Trinity is indivisible. Then give thanks and praise to God for being so wonderful and benevolent.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 3.1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment