Friday, April 22, 2011

4.22.11

Lectio: Mt 28.1-10 (Vigil)

"The guards were shaken with fear and became like dead men. Then the angel said to the women in reply, ‘Do not be afraid! I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified’.” Mt 28.4-5

Meditatio: "O God, sometimes the best news can initially cause us fear.

I remember when Jesus rose from the guards were shaken with fear and Mary Magdala and Mary the mothers of James and Joseph, were also afraid when they saw the tomb empty and an angel there; but there fear would turn to joy when Jesus showed Himself to them and that there was in fact life after death - how awesome and great!

Grant that I may see death as life and rejoice in the Good News of the resurrection of Jesus and the promise of resurrection for all.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on that Easter Morn - Where would I have been? Would I have been with the Marys? Or would I have been with the disciples back in Jerusalem? How would I have reacted to the Good News? How do I now react to the Good News? Keep in mind always Jn 11.25 and let not death be a source of fear but simply the door to Jesus’ place.
Tomorrow’s reading: Lk 24.13-35

No comments:

Post a Comment