Sunday, April 3, 2011

4/03/11

Lectio: Jn 4.43-54

Meditatio: “The father realized that just at the time Jesus said to him, ‘Your son will live.’ and he and his whole household came to believe.” Jn 4.53
Oratio: "O God, what marvelous things You do so that we may believe and have life in You.

I remember Jesus cured the son of the Capernaum official by simply saying, ‘Your son will live,’ and his son did. .

Grant that I may have the faith of that royal official and believe what I read in Scripture for in the words of St. Isidore when we pray we speak to God but when we read, God speaks to us.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my faith. Resolve to approach Scripture as a time to listen to what God has to say to me and then respond to what He is saying.
Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 5.1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment