Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4.24.11

Lectio: Lk 24.13-35

“Then they said to each other, ‘Were not our hearts burning [within us] while he spoke to us on the way’?” Lk 24.32

Meditatio: "O God, Your words are life and love.
I remember when the two disciples on the road to Emmaus listened to Jesus , whom they thought was simply a fellow traveler, interpret scripture for them, they said their ‘hearts were burning’ as they listened to Him.
Grant that I may routinely read scripture for it is Your love letter to me and my life.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the reading of Scripture. In doing so, remember the words of St Isidore, “When we read, God speaks to us; when we pray, we speak to God.” Resolve to regularly and attentively read Scripture so that I may hear what God has to say to me for my good and for the good of those whose lives I touch.
Tomorrow’s reading: Lk 24.35-48

No comments:

Post a Comment