Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4.19.11

Lectio: Mt 26.14-25

"He said in reply, ‘the one who has dipped his hand into the dish with me is the one who will betray me’.” Mt 26.23

Meditatio: "O God, how perverse we can be at times!

I remember Jesus was betrayed by one of his closest disciples, one with whom He shared table fellowship - so close was their relationship.

Grant that I may never presume that my relationship will be steadfast but pray continually for the grace of final perseverance.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on Judas’ betrayal of Jesus recalling that there is always the Judas in our complex human being. Try to identify it and then pray that you will always have the grace to overcome it.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 13.1-15

No comments:

Post a Comment