Monday, April 4, 2011

4/04/11

Lectio: Jn 5.1-16

Meditatio: “Jesus said to him (paralytic), ‘Rise, take up your mat and walk’.” Jn 5.8 Oratio: "O God, how powerful is Your word - You spoke and the world came into being - but You did not stop speaking.

I remember Jesus spoke to the paralytic of 38 years to rise and walk, and the paralytic did - what a display of the power of Your Word! .

Grant that I may always listen to what You tell me in my Scripture readings for Your words have the power of eternal life.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the power of God’s words. When do I best listen to them? Do I respond with alacrity? Resolve to always do so.
Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 17-30

No comments:

Post a Comment