Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lectio: Jun 13.1-15

"If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another’s feet.” Jn 13.14

Meditatio: "O God, You are great and above all - Yet You stoop to serve us.

I remember Jesus washed the feet of His disciples - task that could not be assigned to the lowliest of servants - a great example of humility and service.

Grant that I may never be so proud as to avoid serving those in need - no matter how distasteful the service is that is required.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on Jesus modeling service - Resolve with the help of Your grace to mold my service after His.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 18.19.42

No comments:

Post a Comment