Friday, April 29, 2011

4.29.11

Lectio: Mk 16.9-15

Meditatio: “[But] later, as the eleven were at table, he appeared to them and rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart because they did not believe those who saw him after he was raised.” Mk 16.14

Oratio "O God, You know it is not easy for us to believe.
I remember Jesus rebuked His eleven disciples for not believing Mary Magdala and the two disciples who traveled to Emmaus, who testified they saw the Risen Lord; and Jesus attributed this to the hardness of their hearts. Grant that in matters of faith I may have the oneness of a child.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my faith - Why do I believe all the truths that the Catholic Church teaches? In prayer thank God for the underpinnings He has given to my faith and especially Our Lady of Fatima and Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 20.19-31

No comments:

Post a Comment