Sunday, April 10, 2011

4/10/11

Lectio: Jn 8.1-11

Meditatio: “But when they (Scribes & Pharisees) continued asking him, he ( Jesus) straightened up and said to them, ‘Let the one who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her’.” Jn 8.7

“O God, how wonderful and merciful You are!
I remember Jesus did not condemn a woman caught in adultery, but defended her against mob justice, and simply admonished her to sin no more - how compassionate! Grant that I may refrain from condemning anyone and look instead at my own sinfulness.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my spontaneous reactions to people - Is it one of judging? Resolve to look for something good when I first meet someone. Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 8.21-30

No comments:

Post a Comment