Saturday, November 10, 2012



11.10.12

Lectio: 1 Kgs 17.10-16                              
Meditatio: "For the Lord, the God of Israel says, ‘The jar of flour shall not go empty, nor the jug of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rains upon the earth’." I kgs 17.14

Oratio: "O God, You call all to faith even those who presently do not believe in You.

I remember the widow of Zarepath, a non-Jew, believed the promise made by Your prophet, Elijah that her little jug of oil and jar of flour would last until the famine was over if she simply gave him something to eat and to drink; she did and her little lasted for a whole year until the famine was over.

Grant that I may readily accept what You have revealed for I have been gifted with the Good News and I am richly blest because of my belief in it.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "faith"; a confident hope in things not seen and which cannot be empirically proved are so; in prayer thank God for the gift of faith and for the grace to accept what His Son has revealed to us and which is safely guarded and proclaimed by His Church.

Tomorrow's reading: Ti 1.1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment