Monday, November 19, 2012

11.19.12

Lectio: Rv 3.1-6, 14-22                                                                     
Meditatio: "Those whom I love I reprove and chastise. Be earnest, therefore, and repent."
Rev 3.19

Oratio: "O God, as a loving Father, You watch over us and Your ways have one object - to bring us back to You.

I remember John declared that You reprove and chastise us out of love - how contrary to our ways! How beneficial for us!
Grant that we may be ever grateful for the loving ways that the Father treats me even though His reproof and chastisement may not seem very good at the time.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "chastise"; discipline; rebuke; to correct and not to punish; in prayer thank God for being such a good Father to me as to take steps so that I stay on the straight and narrow way back to Him.

Tomorrow's reading: Rv 4.1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment