Tuesday, November 27, 2012

11.27.12

Lectio: Rv 15.1-4
Meditatio: "Then I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire. On the sea of glass were standing those who had won the victory over the beast and the image and the number that signifies its name. They were holding God’s harps." Rv 15.2

Oratio: "O God, You planned a wonderful destiny for us - to be in Your presence forever.

I remember Your evangelist, John, saw a vision of it and described it as a glass sea and standing on it were those who had responded to Your Son’s call to reform their lives and they were symbolized as ‘mingled with fire’.

Grant that I may always accept Your graces to live as Your child which I became at Baptism and allow the purifying fire of Your Spirit to take hold in me.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "mingled with fire"; symbolizes the purity of those who are now with the Lord; in prayer ask for and use God’s graces to live life rightly so that one day I, too, may hold one of God’s harps.

No comments:

Post a Comment