Saturday, November 3, 2012

11.03.12

Lectio: Dt 6.2-6                              
Meditatio: "Therefore, you shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength." Dt 6.5

                               
Oratio: "O God, You alone are God, who created us, sustains us, and redeemed us.

I remember Moses enjoined the Chosen people to Love You with all their being and Your Son declared this to be the first and greatest commandment.

Grant that I may always love You as I ought.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "love"; a choice, an act of the will; not a feeling; to love is to seek the good of the other for the other’s good and not for what I may get out of it; I feel I may not always to this but I choose to do so regardless of my feelings; in prayer ask for the grace to love God and others as I ought.

Tomorrow's reading: Phil 2.1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment