Sunday, November 11, 2012

11.11.12

Lectio: Ti 1.1-9                              
Meditatio: "but hospitable, a lover of goodness, temperate, just, holy, self-controlled." Ti 1.8

Oratio: "O God, You want us to have and to practice virtues that will not only be good for us but will attract others to You.

I remember Paul told Titus, his co-worker, in Crete, of the importance of certain virtues -all of which can be found in those who love selflessly.

Grant that I may reflect and practice the virtues of being hospitable, a lover of goodness, temperate, just, holy, self-controlled - so that I may be facilitator in the spread of Your Good News.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "virtues"; from the Latin meaning strengths: strength of character; in prayer ask for the grace to practice these virtues so that I may preach with my life and not simply with my words, the Good News that You want all to hear and by which You want all to be saved.

Tomorrow's reading: Ti 2.1-8,11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment