Monday, November 5, 2012

11.05.12

Lectio: Phil 2.5-11                              
Meditatio: "Who, though he [Christ] was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped." Phil 2.6

Oratio: "O God, You gave us Your Son as a great example for how to live well.

I remember Your Son emptied Himself of His divinity in order to become one of us out of obedience and He achieved Your will. - our redemption - how generous!

Grant that I may submit my will to Yours in all things so that Your Son’s obedience my bear fruit in me.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "obedience"; to submit; to carry out an order or a wish of another; in prayer ask for the grace to realize love is in the will and for the grace to obey out of love for that is Jesus’ way.

Tomorrow's reading: Phil 2.12-18

No comments:

Post a Comment