Friday, November 9, 2012

11.09.12

Lectio: Phil 4.10-19
Meditatio: "I have strength for everything through him who empowers me." Phil 4.18

Oratio: "O God, You watch over us and care for us like a Good Shepherd.

I remember Paul declared to the Phillipians that he had the strength to deal with all things because You empowered him - how wonderful!

Grant that I may always seek Your help with confidence knowing You will empower me to do what I ought.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "empower"; to give strength; to give ability to act; in prayer thank God for His loving concern for me and with confidence turn to Him and ask for the graces needed to deal with a major difficulty knowing He will always give us the grace to do what we ought.

Tomorrow's reading: 1 Kgs 17.10-16

No comments:

Post a Comment