Sunday, May 1, 2011

5.01.11

Lectio: Jn 3.1-8

Meditatio: “Jesus answered [Nicodemus], ‘Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of the water and the Spirit’.” Jn 3.5
Oratio "O God, You know our need for visible signs of invisible realities and You graciously gave us the sacraments as outward signs of great spiritual realities.
I remember Jesus in his discourse with Nicodemus, a noted Pharisee, stated very clearly that the outward signs of baptism, which uses water and invokes the Holy Spirit, bring about a wonderful rebirth for all who are baptized as Your child. .
Grant that I may live in accordance with the great dignity bestowed upon me at my baptism so that I may live with You forever.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my baptism - Do I believe that at my baptism I was reborn as God’s child? Do I act like one? In prayer and by my actions thank God for making me one of His own children.
Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 14.6-14

No comments:

Post a Comment