Tuesday, August 2, 2011

8/02/11

Lectio: Mt 15. 21-28

“She [a Canaanite woman] said, ‘Please, Lord, for even dogs eat the scraps that fall from the master’s table’.” Mt 15.27

O God, faith can even change Your mind.

I remember Jesus first refused the plea of a Canaanite woman to cure her daughter, declaring that He had only come for the lost house of Israel.. But she persisted and in a playful exchange about dogs, she convinced Him of her faith and He healed her daughter.

Grant that I may have a portion of the faith of that Canaanite woman.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on my “faith” - Who is my God that I believe in? Why do I believe? How did I come to believe? In prayer thank God for the faith that was handed down to me by my family of origin and nurtured there and reinforced by my own family of choice and undergirded by the many Eucharistic miracles and appearances of Our Lady.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 16.13-23

No comments:

Post a Comment