Tuesday, August 23, 2011

8/23/11

Lectio: Jn 1.45-51

“But Nathaniel said to him in reply, ‘Can anything good come from Nazareth?’ Philip said to him, ‘Come and see’.” Jn 1.46

“ O God, You know we tend to be prejudiced and You do not want us to prejudge anyone without knowing the other.

I remember Nathaniel overcame his prejudice about people from Nazareth because his friend told him to ‘Come and see.’ And Nathaniel did and he discovered that the man from Nazareth was the Son of God.

Grant that I may withhold forming an opinion until I know the other.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “prejudice” - a product of our environment or of our upbringing. Resolve to refrain from pre-judging another and only judge the other if I have to do so and only after ascertaining the facts about that person.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 24.42-51

No comments:

Post a Comment