Thursday, August 18, 2011

8/18/11

Lectio: Mt 22.33-40


“The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.” Mt 22.40

“ O God, Your Son made it so easy for us to know what we should do to please You.

I remember He answered a Pharisees’ question as which commandment was the greatest by declaring love of You and love of our neighbor as our self sums up what You require - how simple!

Grant that I may always love and do what love requires in every situation.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “Love” - its object is the good; selfless love seeks the good for the other for the other’s sake and not for what I get out of it; Pray for the grace to be a selfless lover knowing that is the best way to live for that is the way God wants me to live.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 23.1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment