Friday, August 12, 2011

8/12/11

Lectio: Mt 19.13-15

“But Jesus said, ‘Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these’.” Mt 19.14

“ O God, Your ways are so different from our ways and often so surprising.
I remember Jesus declared that the kingdom of heaven belonged to children, who in His day and culture, had no rights.

Grant that I may always be a child of Yours at heart with total dependence on You for everything and with a grateful heart for all You have done and continue to do for me.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on being “God’s child” - total dependency, unmerited love, lasting love, a mother’s love - In prayer thank God for being a Father, a Mother, a Brother to me and ask for the grace to love God with my whole heart, soul, mind and body for that is all I have to give and even that is His gift.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 15.21-28

No comments:

Post a Comment