Monday, August 8, 2011

8/08/11

Lectio: Mt 18.1-5, 10, 12-14

“Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”
Mt 18.4

“ O God, You know we are ambitious and that tendency can be good if our goal is good and our means are good.

I remember Jesus told His disciples how to achieve greatness in His kingdom - be humble like a child.

Grant that I may always seek to do Your will knowing as Your child I am totally dependent upon You and what I achieve is a result of You working through me.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on what it means to be “like a child” - total dependence, total trust, total gift of God - In prayer thank God for adopting me as His child at my baptism and ask for the grace to act as His child in all things by being a selfless lover.

Tomorrow’s readings: Jn12.24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment