Sunday, August 7, 2011

8/07/11

Lectio: Mt 17.22-27

“And they will kill him [Jesus] and he will be raised on the third day’. And they [disciples] were filled with grief.” Mt 17.23

“ O God, our understanding of events is so small that we easily miss the significance of them.

I remember when Jesus predicted his death and resurrection, His disciples were filled with grief - yet Jesus’ death and resurrection would be the very way in which they would be victorious over death and enjoy resurrected life with Jesus forever.

Grant that I may be slow to proclaim the meaning of current events but acknowledge my littleness and await patiently for clarity.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the “why bad things happen to good people?” - It is a mystery how God who is All-Good would allow such. But it is a mystery which I am not able to plumb but only approach - and the nearest insight I get is that it is tied up in the mystery of love or failure to love. Pray for the grace to acknowledge my finiteness and trust in God’s providential care despite its apparent lack in a given situation.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 18.1-5,10,12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment