Thursday, August 25, 2011

8/24/11

Lectio: Mt 24.42-51

“So, too, you must be prepared, for an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.” Mt 24.44

“ O God, You want all of us to one day come home to You.

I remember Jesus told us we must be prepared and live always as that this day is our last one.

Grant that I may heed the call to be alert and to act prudently in all matters.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on being “prepared” - doing what your duty requires; daily prayer; frequent Eucharist and confession; Pray for the grace to stay in the state of readiness for Christ’s coming for me for that is the most meaningful labor on my part.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 25. 1-13


8/25/11

Lectio: Mt 25.1-13

“While they went off to buy it [oil], the bridegroom came and those who were ready went into the wedding feast with him. Then the door was locked.” Mt 25.10

“ O God, You want us to be prudent is preparing for Your coming at the end of our days.
I remember told a parable about only 5 of the 10 virgins bringing enough oil with them in case the bridegroom came late - and he did as it was not unusual because of travel was uncertain - and only the 5 wise virgins were ready to greet him and they entered the wedding feast with him.

Grant that I may always use my God-giving abilities to live rightly each day so that I will be ready whenever He comes.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “my abilities” - I have been given much and God expects much in return. Pray that I will use the gifts He has given me to love, serve Him in this world so that I will be ready when He comes and that I will then enter the kingdom with Him.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 25.14-30

No comments:

Post a Comment