Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8/09/11

Lectio: Jn 12.24-26

“Amen, amen, I [Jesus] say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat; but if it dies, it produces much fruit.” Jn 12.24


“ O God, You have given al of us great potential - but we must get involved with the world and use it.

I remember Jesus told a parable about a grain of wheat remains only a grain until it is put into the ground where it germinates and becomes so much more by what it produces.

Grant that I may use the talents You gave me for Your kingdom here on earth so Your kingdom will prosper.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “act and potency”- We all have abilities but we must use them in order to actualize who we are called to be. In prayer ask for the grace to always use my talent as a loyal and devoted child of the Father which I became at my baptism.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 18.21-19.1

No comments:

Post a Comment