Monday, August 15, 2011

8/15/11

Lectio: Mt 19.23-30

“And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundredfold more, and will inherit eternal life.” Mt 19.29

“ O God, You cannot be outdone in generosity.

I remember Jesus told His disciples that what they give up for Him, they will receive 100 times more in this life and the priceless gift of eternal life - wow!


Grant that I may readily give of my time, talent and treasury in serving the Lord for there are no greater and wonderful investment for them.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “stewardship” - time, talent, treasury - all perishable, passing, can’t take with You in the end, but immortalized through using in Jesus’ name. Pray for a generous heart so that all that I am, all that I have, may be invested wisely.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 20.1-16

No comments:

Post a Comment