Thursday, August 4, 2011

8/04/11

Lectio: Mt 16.24-28

“What profit would there be for me to gain the whole world and forfeit my life?” Mt 16.26

“ O God, You know our hearts often desire the wrong things and so You warn us of this danger.

I remember Jesus taught that there was no profit in gaining the whole world if we lose our life - how blunt and straightforward his teaching.

Grant that I may always realize that all I can give back is what You already gave me - but You have graciously deemed that enough.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on goals in life - The primary one must always be to follow the Lord by using the time and talent He gave me to love and serve my neighbor in whom He is always present. Pray for the grace to always keep this goal in the forefront.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 17.1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment