Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8/10/11

Lectio: Mt 18.21-9.1

“Lord, if my brother sins against me, how many times must I forgive him? As many as seven times? Mt 18.21b

“ O God, You know it is difficult for us to let go of a hurt - but You know we must forgive for our own sake.

I remember Jesus told Peter we must forgive seventy times seven - in other words - as often as forgiveness is required.

Grant that I may always have an merciful heart and readily forgive all - even those who do not ask for it.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: How do I forgive? Do I let go of the hurt once I do? Pray for the grace to do so for it is in the forgiving and letting go that we are made whole.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 19.3-12

No comments:

Post a Comment