Monday, August 22, 2011

8/22/11 - Queenship of Mary

Lectio: Mt 23.23-26

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of plunder and self-indulgence.” Mt 23.25

“ O God, You want us to be authentic and good.

I remember Jesus warned the Scribes and Pharisees about their concern for their appearances and how they were viewed by others while neglecting the fact that inside themselves they were evil.

Grant that I may strive to be good and not be concerned with trying to impress others.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on meditating on “hypocrite”- deceptive; a red apple with a worm inside; untrue to self; a devil in disguise. Pray for the grace to be good and to know myself and not be concerned with being what I am not.

Tomorrow’s readings: Jn 1.45-51

No comments:

Post a Comment